- The home side are expected to start with a similar lineup as of their last game of the previous season.
- The only problem for boss Jose Mourinho is to pick either Loic Remy or new signing Radamel Falcao for the striking role as Diego Costa is out with a hamstring injury.
- Swansea manager Gary Monk could be handing Franck Tabanou and Andre Ayew their debuts.
- Johnjo Shelvey is likely to miss this game as Jack Cork and Sung-yueng are expected to start in the midfield role.
- Bafetimbi Gomis and Eder will compete for the striking role.
- Jordi Amat remains the only player out with foot injury.
- Chelsea have won their last five games against Swansea City in the Premier League.
- The Blues have not lost an opening game since 1993.
- Diego Costa has scored five goals in two games against the Swans.
Chelsea 2 – 2 Swansea City, Eden Hazard and Loic Remy on the score sheet for the home side.
Junaid Effendi follow him on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.