Argentina and Paraguay will go head to head in their first group game of Copa America 2015 tonight at Estadio La Portada.
Kickoff: 10:30 BST (18:30 local time)
Date: Saturday, 13 June, 2015
Venue: Estadio La Portada, La Serena
Referee: Wilmar Roldán (Colombia)Possible Line-ups:
- Full-back Pablo Zabaleta is likely to return after sitting out in a trashing win over Bolivia.
- Angel Di Maria, Sergio Aguero and Lionel Messi are likely to lead the front.
- Javier Mascherano will hopefully be starting on his favourite midfield role.
- Carlos Tevez is expected to start from the bench.
- Skipper Roque Santa Cruz will start as a lone striker upfront.
- Pablo Aguilar who missed last game against Honduras is likely to return back to the heart of defence.
- Nelson Valdez who received a red card in the last game will continue to start as the suspension will not affect him in this game.
- Argentina have won four of their last six games against Paraguay.
- In the last 18 years, these sides have met only twice in the Copa America.
- Argentina have scored atleast three goals in their last three wins against Paraguay.
- Paraguay last win against Argentina was in a World Cup qualification game back in 2009.
Argentina 3 – 1 Paraguay.
Lionel Messi will be on high after his treble winning season with Barcelona. He is expected to shine now for his country by scoring and assisting later tonight.
Junaid Effendi follow him on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.