- Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has returned but is likely to be rested for this game.
- Mario Balotelli is set to be benched once again with Lazar Markovic replacing him.
- Jordan Henderson has fresh legs as he was rested in the midweek Europa League clash. His return means Emre Can would star at the defensive role.
- Mamadou Sakho is likely to take his seat back from Dejan Lovren.
- Manuel Pellegrini has no injury concerns, he has fully fit squad to choose from.
- Yaya Toure is likely to start after missing Barcelona game in the midweek.
- Mangala is likely to start ahead of Demichelis at the central defensive role.
- Liverpool have not lost a game at Anfield against City since 2002-2003
- The Reds have drawn five of their last seven home games against the Citizens.
- City have scored two goals in each of their last three games at Anfield.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 10 Premier League home games.
- Liverpool have kept five clean sheets in their last seven home wins in the Premier League.
- Manchester City are undefeated in their last five away league games.
Junaid Effendi follow him on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.