Liverpool will face Aston Villa in the 22nd match week of Barclays Premier League today.
Date: Saturday, 17 January, 2015
Venue: Villa Park
Referee: Mark Clattenburg
- Fabian Delph returns from suspension but Ciaran Clark is suspended for this game.
- Duo centre-backs Philippe Senderos and Ron Vlaar are both out with a calf injury.
- Nathan Baker has returned and is likely to start at the heart of defence.
- Chris Herd will miss because of African Cup of Nations.
- Liverpool star Raheem Sterling has returned from his homeland Jamaica after enjoying some days away from football.
- Fabio Borini is likely to keep his place in front goal.
- Steven Gerrard who was taken out from the field in the second half of last game against Sunderland is likely to be rested due to hamstring injury.
- Adam Lallana is doubtful for this game.
- Kolo Toure is on international duty for African Cup of Nations.
- Daniel Sturridge, Jon Flanagan and Glen Johnson all have returned to training but are not match fit yet.
- Aston Villa have won two of their last five Premier League games against Liverpool.
- The home side have not scored a goal in their last four Premier League matches.
- The Reds have lost only one of their last 16 games against Aston Villa at Villa Park.
- Liverpool have kept 10 clean sheets in their last 16 matches against Aston Villa at Villa Park.
Prediction:Aston Villa 1 – 3 Liverpool, Mario Balotelli to score his first Premier League goal.
Junaid Effendi follow him on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.