- Liverpool have lost a game only in their last nine Premier League meetings with the Black Cats.
- Liverpool’s last five goals were scored by five different English players.
- The Reds have made 20 defensive errors leading directly towards a goal opportunity this season.
- Liverpool have not won three consecutive games this season in Premier League.
- The last time Sunderland won against the Reds at Anfield was in 1982-1983.
Liverpool are eyeing their third win a row against Sunderland today in a Premier League clash at Anfield.
Kick-off: Saturday 15:00
Venue: Anfield Stadium
Referee: Neil Swarbrick
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is likely to give Steven Gerrard a bench today as Champions League game is coming on Tuesday against Basel and only a win can take the Reds to the next round.
Brazilian Philippe Coutinho who suffered a knee problem in the midweek is back but might be rested.
While for the away side, Wes Brown and Adam Johnson are back from their injuries and will be in the line-up against the Reds. Striker Steven Fletcher is a doubt for this clash.
Centre-back Sebastian Coates is ineligible to play against his parent club.
Liverpool 2 – 0 Sunderland, an easy game for Rodgers.