Manchester United will host Newcastle United in a Premier League game today at Old Trafford.
Kick-off: Friday, 26-December-14, 15:00
Venue: Old Trafford
- The Red Devils will be without Tom Thorpe, Jesse Lindgard, Luke Shaw and Daley Blind.
- Due midfielders Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini are also unavailable but Chris Smalling could return.
- Summer signing Angel Di Maria is likely to start inplace of Juan Mata. The Argentinean returned from injury last weekend and played a part from the bench.
- Newcaslte will be without Cheick Tiote who is suspended for this important clash. Moussa Sissoko is likely to play a deeper role with Remy Cabella coming inpalce of Tiote.
- Mehdi Abeid has returned to training but boss Alan Pardew will rest him today.
- While Tim Krul, Gabriel Obertan, Curtis Good, Davide Santon, Siem de Jong, Ryan Taylor, Rob Elliot and Rolando Aarons and all are out with their injuries.
- But Jonas Gutierrez has returned after beating cancer.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League games.
- The home side have scored more than a goal in last three home league games.
- Newcastle United have won only twice against Manchester United in their last 25 games in all competitions.
- The Magpies have lost three of their last six Premier League games.
Prediction:Manchester United 2 – 2 Newcastle United.
Junaid Effendi follow him on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.