- 20 games have been played between them, each side have won 9 and drawn 2.
- Athletic Club have picked 10 points from their last five La Liga games. While Atletico Madrid have picked 12 points.
- The host have scored only three goals in their last four games in all competitions.
- The visitors have scored atleast two goals in six of their last eight games in all competitions.
- Atletico Madrid have just lost one of their last eight games against Athletic Club in all competitions.
Third placed side Atletico Madrid will play eleventh placed side Athletic Club tonight in a La Liga game at San Mamés Stadium.
Kick-off: Sunday, 21-December-14, 20:00
Venue: San Mamés Stadium
The home side will be without duo defenders Andoni Iraola and Xabier Etxeita due to their injuries. But Aritz Aduriz is likely to take his front role back after returning from injury.
Guillermo is out with a muscular injury along with Beñat.
The visitors will be without their two first team stars Mario Mandzukic and Koke. Both the stars are suspended for this game. But Cristian Ansaldi and Alessio Cerci could return to squad.
Arda Turan is expected to be back as he has a minor flu.
Athletic Club 1 – 2 Atletico Madrid.
A win for the visitors will keep their third spot in the League. A lose for the host could take their place away.