- The home side have several players out with injuries. Boss Roberto di Matteo will be without Julian Draxler, Sead Kolasinac, Chinedu Obasi and Jefferson Farfan.
- Sidney Sam and Fabian Giefer are doubtful for this game. While star striker Klaas-Jan Hunterlaar is expected to start upfront.
- Kevin-Prince Boateng will miss due to suspension.
- Real Madrid are also having several players on the sidelines including stars Sergio Ramos and James Rodriguez.
- Duo midfielder Luka Modric and Sami Khedira are also out for this game but Pepe is expected to take a part after returning from injury.
- This will be the third meeting between them. Both past meetings were ended in favour of Real Madrid.
- Schalke have won only two of their last four UCL games.
- Real Madrid have not lost any of their game in Champions League this season.
- The Los Blancos have kept four clean sheets in their last four Champions League game.
Junaid Effendi follow him on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.