- Roberto Martinez will be without Christian Atsu and Kevin Mirallas as both are injured.
- James McCarthy, Leon Osman, Tony Hibbert and Darron Gibson all are doubtful for this clash.
- Aiden McGeady is lekly to take his role back from Samuel Eto'o which will bring Ross Barkley to the central attacking postion.
- Former Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland will have a test before the kick off. While trio Victor Moses, Steve Sidwell and Peter Odemwingie all remain sidelined.
- The Potters are likely to start with the same lineup as they started against Chelsea on Monday.
- Everton have not lost any of their last five home games in the Premier League.
- Everton have scored six headed goals this season, only West Ham have netted more (12).
- Stoke City have not won any of their last five games against Everton.
- Roberto Martinez has never lost a game to Stoke City in his managerial history.